What's Local To Me:
I love living in East Tennessee. I live in Kodak, Tennessee which is between Knoxville and Gatlinburg in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. I am about a mile away from the TVA Douglas Dam which backs up the French Broad river to create Douglas Lake. Lori and Matthew attended Sevier County High School.
Here are some pictures of things from near home
Pretty Clouds at Douglas Dam
First SnowSeems like an early snow this year. The day before Thanksgiving we awoke to a ...
Campground FloodingDouglas Dam with 8 floodgates opened and the flooding that happened in the tailwater campground as ...
Woodpecker in the front yardSome not-so-good pictures of a woodpecker in our front yard.
Waterfall along the road in Blount County
Garage CleanupAdding some shelving to the Motorcycle garage and cleaning up.
Laptop BagMy laptop bag that I carried for YEARS finally reaches the end of its life. ...
Marina Storm DamageA strong wind storm hit Sevier County and did some damage at the marina on ...
Scripps Pumpkin Contest
MemphisAftermathThese pictures aren't the best, but they show some of the damage after a ...
TornadoPicsA small tornado did some damage in Memphis.
Area Event Calendars
Want to know what's going on in the Knoxville area? Here are several web sites to check to see if you can find something that you may like to do.
- Area Events from WIVK 107.7 - Today's Best Music and the All-Time Country Legends
- Special Events from City of Knoxville - Department of Communications & Governmental Relations - Office of Special Events
- Community Calendar from KnoxNews.com - community.knoxville
- WATE's COMMUNITY page
- Community Calendar from WBIR-TV, Knoxville, TN
- Community Events from WTNZ Fox 43
- Community News from The Mountain Press
Things to See in Tennessee
Information about Sevier County